Upcoming and Past Events
- 5 Advocacy Tips to Support Literacy LegislationJan 12, 7:00 PMWebinarDecoding Dyslexia VA is proud to share the introduction of a new bill, HB 1865. Tonight Lorraine will share what YOU can do to help support this bill and show our legislators how important literacy legislation is to families in Virginia.
- From Chaos to Calm: Strategies for Families to Create Calm and Confidence in the Midst of Chaos and UncertaintyNov 19, 2020, 7:00 PMZoom Webinar and Q&ALorraine Hightower is proud to team up with Corinne Coppola (M.A., CTSY) to offer our communities this free opportunity to overcome the chaos and uncertainty around us and to create calm and confidence within your family.
- Ask the Advocate LIVE- Dyslexia Awareness MonthOct 29, 2020, 7:00 PMFacebook Live SeriesDoes your child struggle with reading and spelling? Do you have a child whom you suspect may have dyslexia? Feeling lost and unsure about how to help? Ask our dyslexia expert, Lorraine Hightower, your questions at this LIVE event!
- Dyslexia: The Most Common Learning DisabilityOct 20, 2020, 12:00 PMVirtual Library WebinarDyslexia is the most common and most misunderstood learning disability. Learn what dyslexia is, how to look for the signs of dyslexia in children, and what to do if you suspect your child may have dyslexia with Lorraine Hightower, local Dyslexia Advocate and Consultant.
- The Dyslexic Edge Conference: Tackling 2020 TogetherOct 17, 2020, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PMOnline ConferenceLorraine Hightower is honored to be a part of this conference that will celebrate the strengths of people with dyslexia, and focus on success through distance learning. Lorraine will be sharing her top 5 Advocacy Action Steps. Learn what you can do now to make an impact on your child's education!