Speaking & Events
Lorraine is dedicated to bringing dyslexia awareness and education to the public and to sparking action!
She has spoken to parents, educators, legislators, military personnel, pediatricians, and government officials on topics ranging from advocacy to legislation. She has also provided training to help families navigate the special education process.
Top Requested Topics Include:
What is Dyslexia?
The Educational Implications of Dyslexia for Teachers & Administrators
How to Effectively Advocate for your Dyslexic Child
10 Ways to Support Children with Dyslexia in Public School
Understanding Eligibility: How School Teams Decide who Gets Services For Dyslexia
How to Support Pediatric Patients with Disabilities
Lorraine is available to speak to your group on a variety of topics, selected especially for your audience. Click below to learn more!
Upcoming and Past Events
- Apr 25, 2022, 7:00 PM – Jun 02, 2022, 7:00 PMLive Webinars and Group CoachingGain the knowledge, tools, and support you need to discover exactly what your child needs to learn and thrive in school and become a more effective advocate for them!
- Apr 20, 2022, 7:00 PMDyslexic Edge Virtual Speaker SeriesRegister for the Dyslexic Edge's unique virtual speaker series to hear Lorraine and other speakers discuss a variety of topics surrounding dyslexia.
- Apr 11, 2022, 7:00 AM – Apr 29, 2022, 4:00 PMDyslexia Training Institute Conference
- Mar 23, 2022, 7:00 PMFree Webinar Password: LCPLHere’s your chance to learn what a professional advocate does behind the scenes. Lorraine shows you how to use her framework and key knowledge points to advocate for your child regardless of their disability. Password: LCPL
- Mar 23, 2022, 7:00 AMPodcast AvailableLorraine discusses how parents can be powerful advocates for their child's education. Click the link below to catch this episode wherever you download your favorite podcast.
- Mar 18, 2022, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDTFacebook LiveLorraine is here to provide you with guidance and advice so that you feel empowered to advocate for your child! Get professional advocacy advice for free in this Facebook Live event.
- Mar 16, 2022, 6:00 PMWebinarLorraine joins the Reading & Language Learning Center to present her TOP 5 Action Steps you can take to make a difference in your child's education today.
- Feb 15, 2022, 3:47 AMGroup Coaching ProgramWe are now accepting applications to our group coaching program, The Dyslexia Advocacy Advantage, starting on April 18th. Save your spot now!
- Jan 26, 2022, 7:00 PMBonus WebinarCorrinne Coppola is our guest presenter in this important webinar about shifting mindset and becoming an empowered advocate for your child. This webinar is provided as a bonus to the enrollees in The Dyslexia Advocacy Advantage.
- Jan 24, 2022, 7:00 PMGroup Coaching ProgramThe winter session of our group coaching program begins! You'll gain the knowledge, tools, and support necessary to understand your child's unique needs and make a plan to address those needs.
- Jan 20, 2022, 7:00 PMLive WebinarEmpowering parents with the knowledge, support, and tools they need.
- Jan 13, 2022, 12:00 PMLive WebinarEmpowering parents with the knowledge, tools, and support they need.
- Jan 06, 2022, 7:00 PMFacebook Live SeriesWe can help you take action to help your child who is struggling in school. Lorraine Hightower is here to answer all of your dyslexia and special education questions.
- Dec 08, 2021, 7:00 PMWebinarPlease join us on December 8th at 7pm for an evening training on legislative advocacy with Lorraine Hightower. She'll be sharing tips to get comfortable with state legislative advocacy work and we'll share updates on the literacy bill(s) we are aware of as we head into the 2022 legislative session.
- Sep 02, 2021, 7:00 PMWebinarAdvocacy shouldn't be a secret, so I will share my proven framework for creating a plan for your dyslexic child's needs.
- Aug 26, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMFacebook Live SeriesStart the school year off right! Lorraine Hightower is here to answer all of your dyslexia and special education questions.
- Aug 18, 2021, 7:00 PMWebinarDon't make these mistakes at your next IEP meeting! Lorraine Hightower shares how to avoid these common blunders at the IEP table.
- Apr 24, 2021, 9:00 AMSynchronous and Asynchronous WebinarLorraine Hightower joins others from the dyslexia community to inform and empower parents and educators with information about dyslexia.